Saturday, December 30, 2017

Look Back #2

So today I have been binge watching Victoria (starring Jenna Coleman) until the hubby came home from work and I could tell he wasn't into it. Now we are watching Wonder Woman, which we saw in the theater and is REALLY a good girl power film. So as I watch I am going to post some more my favorite art for 2017.
Let's start with a few tags.

 I like to occasionally play with some steampunk themes.
 And textures.
 Or stamped textures.


And some birds.

An owl from my night journal.
 A funny turkey for Thanksgiving in drawing journal.
 Ghostly crows for Halloween.
 Never mind the carrots, but I am happy with my first attempt to draw and paint macaws.
 And this phoebe in my drawing journal.
And my Halloween tree with these cool coaster tags I made to decorate it.
 And I will wrap up today's views with a few more of my favorite pages from my Night Sky Journal, which is not finished yet.




Hope you enjoyed  this installment of my look back. One more day to show you. Man I made a lot of art this past year! 
Happy weekend!


9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your tags are all fantastic, love all the different colours and textures. Great journaling, too. I am spending my recovery time watching TV and listening to talking books, but I'm looking forward to getting back to crafting soon. Enjoy your day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A really faboulous review - I love all the tags and pages! You are such a talent and your ideas are the most fancy of all! You never cease to amaze me with your posts!
You have created so many artful pieces in 2017- and
what a good year for you and hubby - a with all went so well with the transplant - that was such a wonderful thing!
I wish you and your family the "Best" for 2018 Erika!
Happy to have you as a friend!♥
We are off to an invitation to coffee and cake now.....
celebrations do not end!!! And that's good!
♥♥♥
Susi

Words and Pictures said...

What a fantastic round up of projects from this year - the tags at the start are amongst my favourites, but there are so many delights here. A great way to celebrate your arty journey through 2017. Here's to many more in 2018!
Alison x

CJ Kennedy said...

These tags and pages made me smile. Such fun creations. I love the steampunk tag with I'm not weird. I'm a limited addition. Talk about empowering. I'll have to remember to put up a Halloween tree to celebrate my favorite holiday and Ink's birthday.

Why aren't hubbies into historical dramas? They really miss some great shows. Stay warm and enjoy binge watching.

Meggymay said...

Another great post Erika.
I may not get back on line for a couple of days so I would like to send you my best wishes for the coming year. I hope 2018 will be a good one for you.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

you obviously made a lot more art this past year than I really enjoyed seeing this look back. I also enjoyed seeing you at Corrine's.

Gibby Frogett said...

Another great selection Erika - I missed your fab Halloween tree before - that is really cool!
off to look at todays post next :)
Gill xx

Divers and Sundry said...

What a delightful reminder of the past year's art :)

I'm not into the Jenna Coleman show either, although I loved her in Doctor Who. I'm more into the action movies but confess I haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. So many movies to see!

Jeanie said...

LOVE Victoria and can't wait for Season Two! You were smart to revisit it. I just didn't have time but I'm sure it'll come back!